OK, so I was tagged on Facebook and decided to do this. But I realize that not all of you are "FB'ers", so I'm posting it here also. I'm not tagging anyone here, so you can do it if you want. If not, o well. Enjoy!
1. I was raised in a Christian home and grew up going to church. I had many "camp-high"experiences, but I have to say that I didn't really surrender my life to the Lord until late in High School. Kinda sad that I can't remember the date or year, but all I know is, I've been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. And that's enough for me.
2. I teach 4th grade at a private Christian school, which is something I swore I would NEVER do. Until this opportunity came along...and I love it.
3. I used to be a part of the "Young Americans", a touring singing and dancing group. Those two years (before marriage and kids) were the highlight of my young life. I loved everything about it.
4. I know how to run a light board for theatre. (something the YA's taught me)
5. I've performed in a dinner theatre in Boyne Highlands, in northern Michigan. The BEST summer of my life.
6. I've been to the Grand Hotel in Mackinaw Island where "Somewhere in Time" was filmed. We sipped lemonade on the long porch and overlooked Lake Michigan. Then we ran across the grass screaming "RICHARD" as loud as we could. Yes, also with the YA's.
7. I have had 2 REALLY serious love relationships in my life. One with a boy I thought for sure I would marry, and one with the MAN I am married to now. By far, the second was the best decision.
8. I have three children, a daughter who is almost 16 (yikes!), and two boys who are 13 and 12. I had them VERY young, but now I wouldn't change a thing. I love them all and I love our life.
9. My husband is a 6'5" black man....so don't mess with me or my kids. I like to call him "Big Poppi".
10. I am very close to my family. I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers (one of whom, I'll admit, I'm not close to AT ALL). I have 7 nieces and nephews who are quite possibly my favorite kids to be around. **correction....I apparantly have 11 nieces and nephews...not my proudest day...
11. I have several close friends, one that I could not live a day without talking to, one that I've known since I was two years old, and most of them don't even live by me. I have two close friends from High School (both in AZ), and one from college (lives in Rancho Cucamonga). They're my girls, I love them, and I couldn't imagine life without them.
12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate, mint, and caramel. Not all together, of course.
13. Favorite ice cream? Thrifty's Double Chocolate Malted....you can only get it at Rite Aid and I have been known to drive several miles out of my way to find a Rite Aid and get some.
14. I am a scrap-o-holic. Not in the always scrapbooking sort of way, but in a "I can't buy enough paper and supplies" kind of way. I have a workbench in the garage that is literally covered in scrapbooking stuff.
15. I am a non-project-finisher. I am famous for starting projects and not getting them done. I probably have 10 scrapbooking projects started that are on the bench (see #14) just waiting for to pick them. Can you hear the voices? "Pick me! Pick me!" They haunt me.
16. I love my bed. 'nuff said
17. Wow-25 things is hard. I can assembly ANYTHING. BBQ's, bikes, beds, keyboards, you name it. I like to think I'm pretty darn handy. Perhaps too handy, because my husband barely knows how to use a screwdriver. And he's okay with that, because he's got ME!
18. I've been married for 15 years this coming November. I cannot believe it's been that long. I also can't believe I have a high schooler...I don't feel old enough to have been out of high school that long. Any one else feel that way?
19. I can play the piano and sing. I used to sing and play more, but I don't have a piano now and my voice changed after having kids. Also, for some weird reason, I cry every time I sing. I've lost all control of my emotions. Weird.
20. I love to surround myself with people who make me laugh. I'm a pretty "UP" person, but it still makes my day to crack a joke or to laugh with friends. I'm a firm believer in "HUMOR: DON"T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT".
21. My husband and I have been through just about everything a marriage can go through. Without details, whatever you can think of, we've done it. It's been painful, it's been hard, but with the grace of God we've made it so far...and it really truly is like fine wine (although I hate wine)...it's getting better with time.
22. I am what I like to call a "Disorganized-Organized" person. If you look at my desk or my purse, you see chaos, but I can find ANYTHING you ask me to find. I know exactly where everything is in that tornado. And I'm darn proud of it.
23. I got in very little trouble in high school. There were a couple of events....I snuck out with a friend and stayed out all night and panicked horribly when it came time to come home. I was totally BUSTED. I also ditched on Senior Ditch day (against strict orders from my mom), forged the absent note, and got caught. Again, BUSTED. Come to think of it, everything I tried, I got BUSTED. Also, I tried just about every extracurricular activity there is in high school....colorguard, drama, softball, choir, MUN. You name it, I probably gave it a shot. I only stuck with choir and MUN though...and it was worth it.
24. I'm secretly addicted to Sodoku.
25. I love my family, my friends, and my God. What more is there to say?