ok, so I've made a little promise to myself to blog at least once a week. I'm no super blogger like some of you, but I'm going to do my best. I think it's really important to get my thoughts out and I really do like it, it's just about finding the time and making it happen. So that being said, I really do have sooooo much to blog about. I'm going to be posting a bunch of pictures soon, so I'm sure that will help. Here's a working list on things I've yet to blog about...
1. Taylor turned 15 in March-yikes! A few pics to be posted from that glorious day
2. DJ just turned 13-double yikes! I have two teenagers now! AAARRRRGGHHHH!
3. Cathie's move to Arizona-took a few pics, not as much as we should have. The move went well-we got a lot done on the house and we were all in good spirits until it came time for us to leave. Oh man were we a mess. We knew it would be hard-but it was nearly unbearable. I think what made it okay for me to actually drive away was knowing that we were going to see them in 2 short weeks and then 2 weeks after that (and now 2 weeks after today-to have the baby!). Anyways, it was good-their house was a wreck, but we fixed it up pretty good. I'm told it already looks different from when I was there!
4. Cath's visit and Baby showers-2 at school and one at my house-super fun days. Perfect weather. Pink and brown everything (including cupcakes!). Pictures to follow.
5. Open House & Grandparent's Day at school-also took some pics of my favorite project by the kids, plus Mom and Dad came by to spend some time with Benny, so that was a good day.
6. DJ''s big birthday party on Saturday-we took him and 3 of his buddies, plus Markie and Elijah and Ben, go-karting at K-1 Speed and then met up with the fam at Oggi's Pizza. It was very fun-I think he felt loved. At least I hope he did.
7.The FISH FEST was yesterday!! Not nearly as good as last year-but Cathie and her family were there (almost her whole entire family!) plus many families and friends from school-so it was a good day. Shannon took all the pictures, so I'm sure they're posted on her blog. If she sends me some, I'll post them.
8. Donald and DJ put together DJ's new basketball hoop (thanks to the best aunties in the whole wide world-Shannon, Courtney, and Cathie-who gets to be an auntie by default). I took some pics tonight as the boys played with it for the first time.
9. If you really want me too, I'll go back to the beginning of the year and catch up-I have great pics and video of New Year's Eve-we were rockin' with Shannon, Mandy, Cath, and the boys. Literally. DJ had just bought "Rockband" for his playstation and Benny had gotten his Wii, so we had a great night of playing games, being rockstars, and assembling a BBQ. I'll try to get into the details of that one later.
I know there's more, but my brained is fried just thinking of all of that stuff! Like I said, pics to come and I'll work my way through the list. BTW- in case anyone's counting...I have 28 days left of school. Ben has 26. Taylor and DJ have 38. We're getting so close to the end of the year-I can't believe how fast it's gone....wow...bye for now!