7/28/2011

Thought for Thursday (and follow up to Tuesday treats!)

Hello! So, today I found a really cool quote that I enjoy....I had heard it before, but forgot about it....

The best way out is always through....Robert Frost


I love this one because it reminds me that we all go "through" trying times. Times that we wish we could just get "out" of. Ever heard yourself saying (or thinking)..."I just wanna be done with this and move on!!!" Or, "I just wish this would be over". I know I have. I have been going through some of those times a lot recently and as I have been forced to rest, stay on the couch, stay off my leg, etc, and as I have been forced to re-evaluate some of my life situations....I have been grumbling. I have been asking God to please just "get me out" of this situation. I have been calculating in my mind how to "get out". Perhaps I should have been asking God to get me "through"...to see me "through" and help me focus on the end of journey and the lessons to be learned. I realize now that in order to be a better person and to have a better relationship with God and others, I must go through these trials...they teach me to rely on the One who is in control. The One who see the big picture--way beyond my trials today. They teach me to think of others who might be going through similar trials, or even worse (which makes my problems seem so small). They teach me that today is not the only day I have and perhaps I need to be thinking beyond today. I have already seen evidence that there is something better on the other side. These little trials I've been going through have resulted in deeper friendships with those I care about, deeper relationships with my family, and a deeper relationship with God. And, for the cherry on top, I think I've got a bit of a better attitude! Have you ever thought about your trials as a way "through" to something better waiting on the other side?






No comments: