6/01/2007

Sacramento Here I come (and then back home)






So, I'm sitting here in the Sacramento Airport waiting to board the plane home. I have spent the last 3 days in San Fran and Sacramento with my 4th grade class and boy was it fun! A little overwhelming-not for the weak or easily frustrated, but very fun. I brought 20 students and their parents from my class and we traveled with 22 students and their parents from the other 4th grade class-a total of 89 people, I believe. We went to San Fran, visited Alcatraz, ate clam chowder (my fav), went gold-panning in Coloma (the discovery site of gold) and swam in the hotel pool-yes, I swam with the kids. I was little worried about scarring them for life with the sight of me in a swimsuit-but they don't seem very affected. Today we visited the capital and Old Town, along the with railroad museum. Needless to say, I am totally exhausted, but in a good way. Everyone behaved, the parents included, and we are all flying home with a smile. The best part? I got to bring Benny here with me and he had the trip of a lifetime. Ask him about it! The pictures are of Benny and me at the airport on Wednesday morning, at Alcatraz on Wednesday afternoon, panning for gold in Coloma on Thursday, my class in front of the capitol building, and both classes in front of the capitol. There are 200+ more pictures which I will spare you from. If you ever want to see them-let me know! Love to you all!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Sounds like you had fun! Can't wait to see pictures (of you in the pool? haha) Love ya ~